Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Car seats, what am I doing?

Wow, I have taken on car seats- mini seats, old mini seat, very old mini seats. I have never done car seats before so I thought; how hard could it be? Man am I out of my comfort zone. These seats are in shocking condition, chunks of foam is missing, pieces of vinyl have deteriorated and vanished over time and not to mention the majority of the padding is horse hair, I didn't see this coming.
anyway I am going to give it my best shot, I have striped the seats and started making the new pieces. I wish I took photos of the seats before I started them, but I didn't. What I will do though is take a photo of the finished product or at least the backrest all done up and the sitting seat in it's original condition so you can see the difference.

WISH ME LUCK.

I have completed the backrest of the seats and it has turned out fantastic; smooth and luxuriously bulbous. I have stripped the sitting seat now and I have forgotten to take photos, I simply forgot.
In between the I have had a closer look at the steering wheel and am confident to attempt to redress it also to match the rest of the car. At this point I have come to the conclusion that it is going to be fiddly but if I accomplish this task; my confidence will most certainly grow.
I believe I will not undertake car interiors again due to the competition out there, it's not war front I want to be involved in. Instead I will concentrate on the Fairing Covers and make sure that they will be the best they possibly can in every aspect.

KEEP WISHING ME LUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment