Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Introduction

Hi My name is George and I am obsessed with motorcycles.

My obsession goes further than just admiring and riding the magnificent machines, it runs through my veins.

Metzi Moto skinz is the business name of my obsession. My business allows me to be around bikes all day everyday. I look at them, think about them, create products to compliment and protect them.
What draws me most is the feeling of freedom I get with every ride in a time that freedom I believe is an ideology.
This obsession has been the starting point of my relentless struggle to create a product that enhances and protects the aesthetics of a sports style motorcycle. It may sound quite basic, but when you have a group of critical parameters that need to be met for a product; you quickly realise the path and expense ahead. Firstly our fairing skin had to be absolutely safe to use on a  moving motorcycle, then it's got to work better than anything else on the competing market, it must last the test of time, meaning it retains it's shape and doesn't begin to perish as soon as you fit it, It must be easy to fit and remove and not require a University degree for installation. The motorcycle has to remain completely unmodified; meaning no drilling holes, no sticky tabs or screw fittings. Finally it must endure all that the weather can deliver and continue looking great.
The image provided on the right is one of our earlier attempts. We have tested the pants off it over the past 4 years and apart from it looking a little dirty, the fit is exactly the same. It still doesn't flap around, it still protects the Fairing the way it was always designed to, none of the additional parts have perished, become brittle or degraded over time. But after 4 years and over 80,000 kilometers; we can see room for improvement. The improvements are centered around aesthetics and ease of fitting. I am eagerly looking forward to the end result.
I will be sure to release our product onto the market in a controlled manner not to hamper or over commit our production.
I have spent the last 7 years skimping and scraping to make sure this product is what it is and the one thing I am absolutely rock solid about is the superior quality of metzi products, now and into the future. We will continue to manufacture in Australia and forgo the the extra profit margins available by manufacturing in Asia.
Metzi Moto Skinz is just as much a passion as it is a business.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment